Saturday, December 08, 2007

take a walk in Damascus

I was not prepared for the cold wether and the rain....I took a walk and was really feeling cold and went to AL HAMIDYA SOUK to buy a rain coat.....these random pictures from some places in Damascus...

I always like to see old used books....they are cheaper...and usually of high value....


Now am walking on the maountain KASIUN or QASEYOUN I don't know how to spell it....









This SOUK AL HAMIDIEYA.....and it contains everything....I bought a thick Syrian blues and a rain coat.....


This shop buys NERGEELA of different colours and types....




This looks like a roman/greek gate...isn't it....but next to it there is a mosque...this is because Syria is a mixture of cultures...and its History is full of many mixtures...



This is me in my new rain coat.....always there is nobody to take picture for me...so I took pictures for my self...my face seems not comfortable because of the rain and the cam also was getting wet....

My usualy lunch....

I came up with those 2 books...one for AZZIZ NISEEN, and the other is about ISHTAR AND DAMOUZI....

No comments: