Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Take Him To Jack Abboud

take him to jack abboud is proverb said in some Iraqi cities (I heard it from a man from Mosul), when they see a man/woman who is very happy to an intense degree...
Most don't know about the origin of the proverb they use, including me, but regarding Jack Abboud, I know him...I remeber hearing his name the first time when I told an old man in Baghdad that I want to be a psychiatrist, he made sure that I meant I want to be a doctor to treat the mental illness, then he opened his mouth and remebered something that made his eyes gaze into the sky and said: aha...you want to be like Jack Abboud Shabi...., then he examined my face with his eyes searching for something, I asked him, who is Jack Abboud Shabi?, he told me that he was the first psychiatrist in baghdad, that old man don't use the word "psychiarist", he use instead of it "a doctor for the diseases of the mind"....
I searched for information on him in the internet but I failed, I only found one site, saying that he was a jew, and he was treated by the Iraqi government in the middle of the 20th century as a dangerous not wanted man, and cut his telephone line so that he don't make phone calls to MOUSHI DAIAN, and wanted him to leave Iraq because they feared he may do something dangerous to the country....but all that is told by a comment of some unknown man responding to an article published in MIDDLE EAST jouranl talking about Iraqi jews...I don't know if what he sais was correct, but that was the only thing I found in internet...
I asked my senior about him, he told me that Jack Abboud Shabbi own a hospital in baghdad and that it was taken from him when he left Iraq to London...
Any body knows about him??? please send comments if you do...

2 comments:

3eeraqimedic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
saminkie said...

dear 3eeraqimedic thank you very very very much for that journal u send me by the link....i will read it today slowly then i think i will write another blog about it...thank you veryvery much dear