Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mwnnqithe The Box Of Poems

When I was living in the city of medecine in Baghdad, we had to walk for about 10 minutes to reach the place where we can have dinner, and the walk was stressful due to the sounds of bullets we may hear, or sounds of emergency cars or police cars which are very stressing.....but thanks god there was this man from Al Hilla Babylon, the city I adore too much for its piecfulness and culture....Mwnnqithe (in arabic means the resquer), he resqued me from my stress by his great deal of poems he got in his memory, and by great deal of wisdom rich stories he rehearse from the history, he likes encyclopedias, and he is a one living and walking....

Thank you Mwnqithe for all the stories and poems you told me....and I hope piece will come back to our country and I can travel to you and hear some stories again.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Sami,
He sounds like a true and lovely friend, like a friend I would like to have. That is wonderful he knows so many poems and stories, what a great friend to have. Wish I had a friend like him. I hope you are well.

best, tracy