Thursday, June 07, 2007

Explosions…. Bullets….Again….





I was a nice morning and the psychiatric ward was full of patients and psychiatric staff including me and another colleague and a female senior psychiatrist standing in the main collidor discussing a newly admitted case while we had not yet finished our morning tour… there were some patient standing in the collidor, one of them believes he is a prophet and that he had died 20 times before and came back to life… in the middle of our conversation an explosion shaked the floor below our feet and the all the door shivered together.. especially the locked ones.. making some shaky low pitched (male) noise … and the windows had cried while their glass had broken into small pieces adding a voice of an acute high pitched (female) sound… our prophet laughed strangely in a loud voice and murmured "they disserve it".. while the female senior psychiatrist searched with her wonderful blue bright eyes into eyes for an explanation…. I gave her a long short eye to eye contact then prvert my gaze downward and sigh.. she sighed… then continue our morning tour fastly…

In the evening

I was walking back from the ward to my room at evening to have my dinner.. when I was passing inside the main inside door of the hospital (ibn seena hospital) a heard a sound of crashes of glass and of a metal on the floor… me and a worker in the hospital and a visitor to a patient start to search about the source of those sounds and we found lately a bullet below a chair in the welcoming room.. these are pictures….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... Sami.... Here's ur friend komal from India !!

After going through ur website, its beyond my imagination to even feel the amount of fear and trauma and threat that you and your people live in... Hats off to your people.... Brave people indeed !!.. I am spell bound to see the courage... God only can help you.... Take care... and carry on the Good work that you are doing... My Good wishes are always with you..

From ... Komal :)

Anonymous said...

And I often think I have a "rough" day...it is nothing compared to what you and your people go through every day.

Bless you, tracy

Anonymous said...

"a bullet below a chair in the welcoming room"...

Bullets don't belong in a welcoming room. I pray the bullets stay away from you.