Friday, April 13, 2007

Secrets of my Country (part 1 IZIDIES)







This is a picture of an IZIDI holy place


Am 29 now, all these years I have lived in Iraq, my country which I love, I am also curious to know about its history, but inspite of that it was only before 2 days when I first met an Iraqi woman from the IZIDI religion..






Many people do not know what this religions is, including me, it is a secret, a lovely secret, and I do not know why.....






In all the previous era before the invention of the internet, it was very difficult to know things about the IZIDI religion, but after the 2003 war in Iraq and the easy access to internet therafter, we saw that many IZIDI people are talking about there religion in websites....






What makes me sad ius that I just know today that the first wednesday of this month (april), is a holy happy day for them and they make many beautiful things this day including going in the early morning to the flowers and taking the drops of water in it to there faces, and at night they join together in the holy place to light on candles.... all this occur in my country and no media shed light on it... no body, but the IZIDIES, now that there is a holy happy day...






I hope in the future cameras can find its way there to shed light on this beautiful colour of my country....






the following are pictures from IZIDI holy places in north Iraq





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. I'd not heard about the IZIDIES before. And I agree with your hope that cameras will soon be able to film the beauty of your country instead of the current violence and unrest.